How Do Legitimate Credit Repair Companies Work
While repairing your credit score on your own is very much possible, searching through the reports line by line to get hold of a single piece of incorrect information can be really tedious work. It is far easy and much less of a headache, to hire legitimate credit repair companies to do all the necessary bits for you. Here, in this blog let us find out all are the advantages when you hire a professional service and let’s see how these legitimate credit repair companies can go that extra mile to help fix your bad credit history.
How Do Legitimate Credit Repair Companies Work?
- Free Evaluation Of Credit Score: Whenever you hire a legitimate credit repair company to work on with your credit score, the first thing they do is immediately pull the credit report from all the credit bureaus. A credit repair specialist will start off by reviewing your old report in order to help you. In case you are having any sort of negative information contributing to your credit score, these companies are a really good option for help.
- Identifying All The Items To Dispute: First,, the work of these companies is to go into details of your credit report and then identify all the potential errors and mistakes. The whole process involves steps like checking for mistakes in payment history, identifying expired negative items, and finding all the duplicate accounts. In case they identify any mistakes in your previous credit reports, they will be collecting all the supporting documents from you. After they have all the needed documentation, then their next step is to send them to the different bureaus and determine if those items can be removed.
- Reviewing Reports From All The Three Bureaus: Remember most of the legitimate credit repair companies review all the reports separately as they might not contain the same information. Each of these credit report companies have their own set of data furnishers such as credit unions, banks, mortgage lenders, loan and savings institutions, and credit card lenders. It is also important to know that not all credit furnishers report to the same bureaus. Therefore, if a credit repair company doesn’t review all the reports, there are chances of the errors getting missed.
Can A Legitimate Credit Repair Company Really Help?
In most cases, these legitimate credit repair companies get ahold of licensed attorneys to work in different states or provide their services only in one state. These attorneys have a nice understanding of all the nuances of the law. Their years of experience makes them a lot more effective in disputing all the negatives on your behalf. They also apply their provisions within all the consumer protection laws in order to improve your overall credit score.
Here is a list of the three most important things by which a legitimate credit repair company can help you:
- They can be of great help in understanding or evaluating your credit history.
- They can also help in knowing when and how your credit score is determined.
- They can help in identifying strategies needed to boost your overall credit standing.
Remember a credit repair might not always improve a bad credit score. In case you have negative information and your credit report is accurate, there isn’t anything that a company can legally do in order to remove it. So, if those negative items in your credit score are accurate, then it is always a good idea to rebuild your credit score, rather than repairing it.
Separating Legitimate Credit Repair Services From The Scams
If you have already decided to hire a legitimate credit repair company, instead of doing all the hectic work yourself then there are a few things that you must look for to differentiate a scammer from a legit organization. Here is a list of five kinds of things that legitimate credit repair companies won’t do.
- In the first place a legit company won’t be asking for any upfront payment nor will they charge for the initial consultation.
- They would be continuously insisting that you don’t contact the bureaus directly.
- They would be advising you to dispute all the accurate information in your report.
- They would be telling you to provide different phony information on your mortgage or credit application.
- There is also a high chance of them forgetting your legal rights while explaining their services.
In case you get hold of any of these scams, you can always file a report to the Federal Trade Commission or to the State Attorney General.
Remember getting your credit report and then checking it for errors must be in your to-do list each and every year. If you don’t review or report your credit score regularly, there is a possibility of these errors staying in for years thereby making your overall credit score low. As a consequence, these can make getting credit cards, or mortgages nearly impossible. If you want to increase your credit score with your rent, we at Credit Rent Boost can surely help you. We at Credit Rent Boost work, maintaining 100 percent confidentiality of your personal information along with providing a complete money-back guarantee. No matter whatever your query is you can always log in to our website to check all the ways you can use to increase your credit score with the help of your rent.